Monday, October 11, 2010

Canadian Tire Fairville Blvd. & Dave's No Frills

Work is really moving along quickly on the new Canadian Tire on Fairville Blvd. On the weekend a staff person told me the grand opening is scheduled for October 28. The new store will include a Mark's Work Wearhouse; I had heard that rumor but it had not had it confirmed.
A new gas bar is part of the reconstruction, here is a picture of what remains of the old gas bar.

I mentioned in a previous post that I was anxious to check out Dave's No Frills. During the renovations I was not too confident the finished product would result in a "shopping experience" I would look forward to. I must say the new store is a pleasant surprise. Good prices, very spacious, clean, lots of staff,  and a good variety of items.

I will admit that having to pay a quarter to use the shopping carts is at times inconvenient, I don't always have 25 cents in my pocket. However, the carts are new - they "drive" well. Bubbles, get back!

1 comment:

Mike D said...

The store was closed today as they were ripping up the main parking lot.